Star Profile Interview with Young Afro Pop King – BG Automatic
Kindly introduce yourself?
I’m Habeeb – Ishola Lawal also known as BG Automatic.
• Where are you from?
I’m from Oshogbo, Osun state
• How did you come about your nick name?
It all started in Command Secondary School Ibadan. There was a senior bearing the same name with me in SS3 (Habeeb lawal). When i was in JSS2 his nick name was BG. When I met this senior, he told everyone in the dom to start calling me BG. The Automatic was attached by me in 2009 because i wanted something catchy. (BG Automatic)
• Wow! So, what inspired you to music?
Back in Abuja, my elder brother Saheed lawal was the one into music. One day i followed him to the studio and i fell in love with the sound.
• How was growing up with your parents?
I was born into a polygamous family. (lawal’s family). I am the seventh of eight children. My late mum was the third wife, she died on July 10th 2000. I later lived with my dad but currently live alone.
• What age did you start music and how long have you been singing?
I started dancing at my tender age and my elder brothers often take me to dance competitions. I was a dance guru in my secondary school days too. Music started after secondary school at age 17. Been singing professionally for 6 years.
• What’s your educational background?
I attended “Lord Star Primary School” in Ebute Meta Lagos, Command Secondary School Ibadan. I’m currently a final year Public Admin student in Ekiti State University.
• Can you play any musical instrument(s)?
• How do you intend to impact lives with your music?
My people are suffering from disastrous leadership. I just want to make songs that will help them forget their sorrows.
• How many singles have you?
the last time i dropped a single was 2014 titled Dance Ulele, Its online and also got Air play especially on Rainbow and Unilag FM. I have several street hits. The notable ones are; “IN SPIRIT DJ SHAN FT BG ” VOLUME DJ THOMPS FT BG. anticipate my new single titled: KISS & TELL
• Tell us some of the challenges you’ve had so far?
My dad does not believe or support my music. It’s my biggest challenge and i won’t give up!
• Sorry about that. With time, Dad will understand. He sure wants the best for you. Your social media handles?
Facebook : BG habeeb lawal
• Thanks BG for your time on Star Profile Interview.
My pleasure. Big shout out to everyone supporting BG Automatic out there. My friends and Super fans… keep anticipating my next single titled – KISS & TELL . I love you!
Compiled By : Adetoun Fujah